How immunizations from your pediatrician in Conroe, TX, can protect your child
There is a lot of information available about immunizations, and you may be asking yourself, are they really that important? The truth is, child immunizations are the best way to prevent infectious diseases and serious complications from a medical condition.
Children are among the most vulnerable when it comes to serious complications due to the flu and other conditions. Your pediatricians at Northside Pediatrics Associates in Conroe, TX, offers a full range of pediatric services including immunizations to help your child stay healthy.
Immunizations are important because:
- They prevent your child from getting diseases like meningitis, hepatitis, and flu.
- They prevent the spread of illnesses and diseases to others, including your child’s playmates, teachers, and members of your household.
- They are required for your child to attend daycare and school.
The Centers for Disease Control (CDC) recommends that children be vaccinated against hepatitis B at birth. You should plan on bringing your child in at one to two-month intervals until your child is six-months old. After that, regular visits are recommended up to age 18.
The current CDC immunization recommendations are listed below:
- (Hep B) Hepatitis B
- (Dtap) Diphtheria, Tetanus, Pertussis
- (Hib) Haemophilus influenza type B
- (IPV) Polio
- (PCV13) Pneumococcal conjugate
- (RV) Rotavirus
- (MMR) Measles, mumps, rubella
- (Varicella) Chickenpox
- (HepA) Hepatitis A
- (HPV) Human papillomavirus
- (MCV4) Meningococcal conjugate
- (Influenza) Flu
Immunizations are safe and effective. In fact, each vaccine is rigorously tested for both safety and effectiveness and approved by the Food and Drug Administration before it can be released for public use. You can be sure that you are safeguarding your child’s health when you get your child immunized. You can have peace of mind, knowing that your child is protected against serious, and potentially deadly conditions like meningitis, hepatitis, or the flu.
For more information about immunizations and other pediatric care services, call your pediatricians at Northside Pediatrics Associates in Conroe, TX, today!